I love music. My music taste is relatively eclectic spanning classical music, rock, rap, indie and pop. I listen to music all the time. When on the train or tube and definitely when in the studio. This month, I am particularly loving these five songs.
1. Renegade by X Ambassadors – the words of this song really speak to me and I love the melody. In a most uncool confession, I confess that actually I first heart this song on an ad on TV and tracked it down online. But that's okay, I still love it and I hope you do too!
2. Into the Wild by LP – confusingly, the woman who sings this song goes by the name LP. This is a fabulous song that is uplifting and energetic and perfect for a walk along the Thames, or a roadtrip. This is one of my Spotify finds (the old related artists / similar songs routine).
3. Fake Empire by the National – I confess, I had never heard of the National until I met my husband. An American band who seems to be bigger abroad than in America, The National excel at creating moody atmospheric music. This is one of my favourite songs by them.
4. Mozart (Amadeus) theme - Amadeus (Movie/Soundtrack) - Mozart: Symphony #25 In G Minor, K 183 - 1. Allegro Con Brio – Over the Christmas / New Year’s break, I revisited one of my favourite all time movies – Amadeus. I love the story (whether or not it’s true), the costumes, and the music. This is the theme of that movie which is very affecting
5. Vivaldi – Nisi Dominus, RV 608 - IV. Cum dederi - On the theme of classical music in movies, I have been absolutely obsessed by a wonderful composition by one of my all time favourite composers – Antonio Vivaldi. This specific composition was incidentally one of the songs featured in Spectre - the most recent James Bond movie (the part when Monica Bellucci is walking into the house). Even if you don’t particularly consider yourself a classical music fan, I urge you to check this one out – the haunting melody and the fantastic voice just might change your mind.